How To Choose The Right Foundation Shade For You.
It’s notoriously to find the perfect foundation match for your unique skin tone. Some are too light, others are too dark, some make you look ashy, and the list goes on.
Every brand seems to have a rainbow of tones, but which one is right for you? Here is the simplest way to find out.
How to Find Your Perfect Foundation Match Made in Heaven
The right foundation shade for you is out there. You just have to know a few tricks to find it.
How to Find Your Foundation at the Beauty Counter
When you head to the beauty counter at the department store or a specialty store, you get a few benefits.
Here’s how to find your shade at these locations.
• First, try on samples. However, don’t swipe them on the back of your hand. Instead, try them out on your jawline to find a shade that melts invisibly into both your face and neck.
• Stand near a window, if one is available, to see the color in the best light.
• If all else fails, ask a staff member to help you. They may be able to color match you perfectly, no matter your skin tone.
How to Find Your Foundation at the Drugstore
It’s a little harder, but not impossible, to find your perfect foundation shade at the drugstore.
Here’s how to do it.
• Research beforehand. Many big beauty brands offer color-matching quizzes on their websites that will give you suggestions about which shade to choose.
• If you’re hung up between two similar shades, go for the darker one. At worst, you’ll just look a little tan, which is better than looking chalky and washed-out with a shade that’s too light.
• See if you can do a return. Lots of drugstores will let you return makeup products even after they’ve been used once or twice. Return the wrong color, then get the right one based on your experience.
Foundation Matching Is Easy Once You Know the Drill
Even if you have skin that’s notoriously hard to color-match for foundation, you can find the right shade for you. Whether you’re at the drugstore or the beauty counter, the right hue is waiting.Just follow these tips and you’ll find it!
If you have any questions, feel free to drop a message in the comments section.